Overused
33%
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
67%
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» To Know Storm and Calm: Part 1 (1 - 2)
Yesterday at 7:46 am by TerishD

» All Problems Have a Cause - Part 6 (31 - 35)
October 12th 2018, 7:57 am by TerishD

» All Problems Have a Cause - Part 5 (25 - 30)
September 17th 2018, 7:40 am by TerishD

» All Problems Have a Cause - Part 4 (19 - 24)
August 18th 2018, 7:56 am by TerishD

» All Problems Have a Cause - Part 3 (13 - 18)
July 19th 2018, 7:53 am by TerishD

Top posters
oskar (2320)

TerishD (1306)

HYdraMStar (1170)

Kellycakes (1136)

Snacker (818)

Urs (569)

fleamailman (400)

Leaka (334)

JuJu (287)

alexandra (198)

Share | 

A Life Changing Moment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: A Life Changing Moment   January 24th 2010, 11:52 pm

I am starting my life of debauchery and crime today. Hell has frozen over, so I am not scared of going.

THE SAINTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!

I have lived in Louisiana for 50 years. I was there at the first Saints game. I watched as they made the dramatic opening run back for a Touchdown. I then watched as they lost. I have seen the Saints lose ever since. Today, they beat legendary Brett Favre.

Okay, they still have to beat Peyton Manning (one of Archie's boys). At least I can now say that the Saints went to the Superbowl. Who knows, they might win.

View user profile http://www.terishd.com
Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: A Life Changing Moment   January 25th 2010, 3:42 pm

They actually have a pretty good chance. Peyton Manning is a good QB, the problem is he knows it and I think the Colts are coming into the Superbowl with the idea that it is theirs already. With their head in the clouds and the Saints on their game, they could take it. I'll be rooting for them as I'm not much of a Colts fan. Of course I would choose them over say the Eagles. I absolutely hate the Eagles, don't much care for the Vikings either, although it has become a better team in recent years.

As for the Superbowl I'm happy that Eli isn't there. I also wish Brady was, but they've crumbled this year, a decent run but I believe they lacked confidence in pressure games. Truth be told I haven't paid much attention to Football this year but what I have seen is that it has been a great season for the underdogs.

GO SAINTS!
GO SAINTS!
GO SAINTS!

Write Up!
Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scribbles.forumotions.net
Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Life Changing Moment   January 25th 2010, 8:36 pm

Absolutely Awesome. Cool

Yes, the Saints have lost a lot but this year they sure have kicked some ass. I'd have rather seen the Steelers at the Superbowl, but I really am hoping the Saints will get it. I agree with Kelly that the Colts are too full of themselves. They don't even consider that the Saints are in the position of actually being capable of beating them, and that is gonna cost them the win.

TerishD

Male
Current Mood :

PostSubject: Reply   January 25th 2010, 9:07 pm

Me, I just saw the Saints put Favre on ground over, and over, and over again. I thus believe that Peyton is going to get roughed up, and by the end of the game they will making mistakes like the Vikings did. That is basically the MAJOR difference in the Saints of this year and them of previous years. A friend told me,

"No need to watch the game until the last five minutes. All you want to know will be decided then."

To which I replied, "No, nobody in Louisiana watches the last five minutes of a Saints game. We have seen 20+ leads vanish in the last five minutes. We thus leave thinking good thoughts before the last five minutes."

Well, this year the Saints have played complete games. They won by continuing to play to the final seconds -- and OVERTIME. I hope a lesson was learned there (by the Saints, not the other teams -- HA!).

TerishD

Male
Current Mood :

PostSubject: Update   February 4th 2010, 11:58 pm

Well, we canceled our usual gathering for Sunday. No leaving early for the Superbowl, we decided that the celebration starts early.

It is official. This is a once in a lifetime event. We are not celebrating if the Saints win. We are celebrating the simple fact that they are in the game. If the Saints win, Monday will not exist and Tuesday through Mardi Gras there will be no one sober.

I don't know if anyone can understand the mentality around here. Me and my friends only know of the Saints as losers. I tell the story of the year the Saints FIRST went into the play-offs. I was teaching, and had a number of girls that LOVED Morten Anderson. It was his field goal that put the Saints into the play-offs. I told the girls that Morten would be traded. He was, and I still believe those girls are mad at me. That however has been the Saints. Any time that they even had a chance at being a winning team, they did something to spoil it. I cannot believe the Saints are even in the Superbowl, and I find myself surrounded by a whole state that believes the same.

A know a number that are staying home to watch the game. Let me quote, "Yeah, Mom has a large screen TV with HD, but I cannot drink and swear in her house. I am thus going to watch on my TV so I can curse out the Saints when they do something wrong and down a shot when they do something right."

Go Saints. I wish you well. You are up against one of the best however, and a native son of Louisiana as well. It should be a tough game. I wish that I had stock in an aspirin company, because either way there will be a large demand on Monday.

TerishD

Male
Current Mood :

PostSubject: Whoopee!   February 7th 2010, 11:25 pm

Uh, okay, so we did not sack Peyton. We still put enough pressure to cause him to make mistakes. Peyton didn't learn our defense, but our defense learned him.

It was strange watching a SAINT make an interception. No. I am that kid who sat on his daddy's knee while my father explained how the Saints could blow a 30 point lead, and the Saints did not disappoint. Now they won. They won the Superbowl.

It was weird as Peyton was marching to the goal line at the 2 minute warning. My father was the couch stating with confidence that Peyton would score a touchdown. I looked to him and said, "Fine, as long as it takes him over a minute to do it." It was suddenly like we had entered the Twilight Zone. We suddenly realized that the Saints could win.

Well, they did. Cool. I wonder if my kids will be fifty when the Saints make it again.

Snacker

Male
Number of posts : 818
Current Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Life Changing Moment   February 7th 2010, 11:52 pm

Yes it was an awesome game. I knew they would win, I was certain about that from the beginning of the game. Like I stated on one of my posts above, the Colts felt too safe and that's exactly what cost them the win.

I agree with you, the interception came as a very big surprise - a very nice one.

I enjoyed the game a lot and am happy about the out coming.

Kellycakes

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Current Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Life Changing Moment   February 8th 2010, 2:29 pm

I don't care for either team, but I was wishing for the Saints to win. It was a very exciting game, close throughout but surprisingly the underdogs came to win and they did. Thank goodness!

Honestly the entire football season wasn't that great to me but it went out with a bang. Till next season we shall see if the Saint's upcoming is just a one time thing.

Write Up!
Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scribbles.forumotions.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Life Changing Moment   

Back to top Go down

A Life Changing Moment
Page 1 of 1