PortalHomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Is the phrase "Once upon a time..."
Overused
33%
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
67%
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Den`s dawn
Yesterday at 5:35 am by oskar

» And the New Advance Begins: TimeSaga D1 (2 of 5)
August 18th 2017, 1:50 pm by TerishD

» day and night
August 17th 2017, 5:13 am by oskar

» the marriage
August 15th 2017, 4:30 am by oskar

» the invisible
August 13th 2017, 5:11 am by oskar

Top posters
oskar (2093)
 
TerishD (1220)
 
HYdraMStar (1170)
 
Kellycakes (1136)
 
Snacker (818)
 
Urs (569)
 
fleamailman (400)
 
Leaka (334)
 
JuJu (287)
 
alexandra (198)
 

Share | 
 

 Scribbles Hotspot!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Snacker


avatar

Male
Number of posts : 818
Age : 32
Location : Stuck in Michigan
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 4th 2009, 1:35 am

Oh yeah I forgot that part. Sorry.

Well I wouldn't put money on it. It was a great season and we have a lot of teams which are possible champions, but I'm sure that the two of them will make it far.

I agree with you that just because the Titans had a great season doesn't mean that they'll be champions, but the possibility is definitely there.

But no I wouldn't put money on it.

_________________
Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scribbles.forumotions.net
Kellycakes


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Age : 40
Location : State of Thankfulness!
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 4th 2009, 1:57 am

Aww man, and I was going to bet you. You could have been a very rich man. *wink* But again I don't want to encourage gambling so...

Let's wait for someone else to ask the last question and choose another victim.

_________________
Easy reading is damn hard writing! I love you

Write Up!
Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scribbles.forumotions.net
JuJu


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 287
Age : 45
Location : Sedona, Arizona
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 4th 2009, 9:12 pm

10) Do you believe in owning a gun to protect yourself and family? why or why not?

_________________
But words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think. (Lord Byron)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snacker


avatar

Male
Number of posts : 818
Age : 32
Location : Stuck in Michigan
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 4th 2009, 9:59 pm

JuJu wrote:
10) Do you believe in owning a gun to protect yourself and family? why or why not?

I absolutely believe in protecting my family, but there are other ways then with a gun. A gun is something that can take your life away in seconds, and you can't undo it. The gun can be found by anyone; children or even a robber. Yes I know there are safes you can put it in, but still. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a gun in the house.

So long answer short: No I don't believe in owning a gun to protect family!


Well those were my 10 questions. Like always it was a pleasure for me to answer them. I select Kellycakes to the Hotspot.

1. You walk on the sidewalk holding hands with your child while a guy comes up to you, pointing a gun towards you. He says that he lets you go after one of you dies. Who shall it be? You or your kid? And why?

_________________
Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scribbles.forumotions.net
Kellycakes


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Age : 40
Location : State of Thankfulness!
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 5th 2009, 4:58 am

Snacker wrote:

1. You walk on the sidewalk holding hands with your child while a guy comes up to you, pointing a gun towards you. He says that he lets you go after one of you dies. Who shall it be? You or your kid? And why?

On first instinct I would say me, because well no one wants to see their child hurt in anyway, let alone murdered. But who is to say that he won't kill my kid after I'm dead? The best bet would be to try and find out a way to get away without putting my child in danger. How do I do that? Well that is quite a tough question, first I will learn different ways to protect myself, self defense classes and such. Second, I'll try not to put us in that situation, is someone around while we are walking down the street? Can I call for help in some way? Shouldn't I have been walking in a well lit area of the road where things such as this don't occur?

Well I'm not sure if that is the answer you were searching for, but again, we don't really know people now a days and it is a scary world, we just have to deal with things as they come.

_________________
Easy reading is damn hard writing! I love you

Write Up!
Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scribbles.forumotions.net
Urs


avatar

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 5th 2009, 10:33 am

Question 2:

Situation: Tough times are upon you, and you need money. The Job is paying, but not enough. The mortgage is up, bills need to be paid, and you don't quite have enough to cover it all and still eat.

What you need, like every normal family, is a bit of breathing room.

As you are talking with some friends and venting about your situation over a glass of water as they drink coffee, because you can't afford to spend money on served drinks, someone comes up and offers you roughly 700, to be in a pornographic movie. They explain that you will be expected to have sex men other then your husband, perhaps more then one man at a time for some bonus pay, and even more if you included another woman into your performance.

What do you do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Kellycakes


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Age : 40
Location : State of Thankfulness!
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 5th 2009, 4:57 pm

Urs wrote:
Question 2:

Situation: Tough times are upon you, and you need money. The Job is paying, but not enough. The mortgage is up, bills need to be paid, and you don't quite have enough to cover it all and still eat.

What you need, like every normal family, is a bit of breathing room.

As you are talking with some friends and venting about your situation over a glass of water as they drink coffee, because you can't afford to spend money on served drinks, someone comes up and offers you roughly 700, to be in a pornographic movie. They explain that you will be expected to have sex men other then your husband, perhaps more then one man at a time for some bonus pay, and even more if you included another woman into your performance.

What do you do?


You're right that is a tough situation. I guess I would have to talk it over with my husband who I'm sure will have no problems if I decide to do it just with another woman that is. The other men on the other hand will be a problem for him, and I have no doubt about that. It would probably be a problem for me too afterward. Honestly if I believe this money would in fact help my family out of a bad situation, and it was safe sex I wouldn't have a problem doing it. I'd even buy a copy for myself! Smile And I would go for the bonuses as well!

_________________
Easy reading is damn hard writing! I love you

Write Up!
Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scribbles.forumotions.net
JuJu


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 287
Age : 45
Location : Sedona, Arizona
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 5th 2009, 5:12 pm

3) Out of all the poems you have written which one is your favorite? and why?

_________________
But words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think. (Lord Byron)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HYdraMStar


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Age : 38
Location : Charlotte, NC
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 5th 2009, 5:15 pm

4. If your health were insured and you knew the results would be prefect and the cost was covered, would you have plastic surgery? And if so, what would you have done?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Urs


avatar

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 5th 2009, 9:52 pm

I liked your above answer to my previous question. So here is another fun one.

5: An old friend of your husband/significant other shows up one day (They were in town) who happens to now be a blond goddess (female) and wealthy professional stripper/porn actress, and wants to play catch up with your husband by taking him out to dinner to talk about "Old times"... alone... just him and her...

What do you do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Kellycakes


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Age : 40
Location : State of Thankfulness!
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 6th 2009, 4:05 am

JuJu wrote:
3) Out of all the poems you have written which one is your favorite? and why?

Semblance is my favorite and means the most to me because it captures that time in my life perfectly. I am constantly dealing with low self esteem and lack of confidence in myself. Feeling like a ghost of what I should be, if that makes sense?

_________________
Easy reading is damn hard writing! I love you

Write Up!
Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scribbles.forumotions.net
Kellycakes


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Age : 40
Location : State of Thankfulness!
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 6th 2009, 4:06 am

HYdraMStar wrote:
4. If your health were insured and you knew the results would be prefect and the cost was covered, would you have plastic surgery? And if so, what would you have done?

Health insured and money was not a problem? I would have a nose job, full body liposuction, and I'd get me some bigger breasts. I feel so lopsided sometimes. Wink

_________________
Easy reading is damn hard writing! I love you

Write Up!
Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scribbles.forumotions.net
Kellycakes


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Age : 40
Location : State of Thankfulness!
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 6th 2009, 4:09 am

Urs wrote:
I liked your above answer to my previous question. So here is another fun one.

5: An old friend of your husband/significant other shows up one day (They were in town) who happens to now be a blond goddess (female) and wealthy professional stripper/porn actress, and wants to play catch up with your husband by taking him out to dinner to talk about "Old times"... alone... just him and her...

What do you do?

I'd let him go. I'm confident enough in my relationship to know he's not going anywhere. If something happens to happen then1 I would deal with that after the fact, but lets just say he would know what I'm going to do beforehand just to be sure. Oh that reminds me, I need to set the appointment for our puppy to be fixed. Twisted Evil

_________________
Easy reading is damn hard writing! I love you

Write Up!
Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scribbles.forumotions.net
Urs


avatar

Number of posts : 569
Location : Corner of Insane Ave & Stupid St. in the State of Denial
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 6th 2009, 10:00 am

Cute... and evil at the same time.

Since I will have asked you quite a few questions, this will be my last one to give others a chance to grill you.

Question 6: What would you say is the greatest achievement you have done with your life so far?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
HYdraMStar


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Age : 38
Location : Charlotte, NC
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 6th 2009, 4:13 pm

7. Are there any books that have changed the course of your life or your world view which others might look at you strangely for admitting such? If so, what were they and why?

And obviously self-help books and religious text wouldn't count here, because those are exactly the sort of books one would expect to change a reader's life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Kellycakes


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Age : 40
Location : State of Thankfulness!
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 7th 2009, 3:51 am

Urs wrote:
Cute... and evil at the same time.

Since I will have asked you quite a few questions, this will be my last one to give others a chance to grill you.

Question 6: What would you say is the greatest achievement you have done with your life so far?

I've been racking my brain over this question because I don't have any achievements, so to speak. But I have to answer so here goes. The best thing I've done in my lifetime so far is survive. Now that may not sound like a real achievement to most but it is for me because of some of the things I've been through. There is still one particular incident that happened when I was 16 and still around the day of the time it happens I get depressed, most times unconsciously now. This year was completely tough on me, we didn't even want to celebrate the Christmas holiday. To be honest, I'm having somewhat of a spiritual drought right now. I don't believe in 'a God' but in many, and I don't worship any of them, and this year I pulled away from my family because it just doesn't sit right that I would celebrate 'their God'. I didn't mean to get all religious on you but I'd have to say survive because there were a few times in my life that I didn't think or feel I would. (By the way great questions Urs.)

_________________
Easy reading is damn hard writing! I love you

Write Up!
Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scribbles.forumotions.net
Kellycakes


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Age : 40
Location : State of Thankfulness!
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 8th 2009, 12:50 am

HYdraMStar wrote:
7. Are there any books that have changed the course of your life or your world view which others might look at you strangely for admitting such? If so, what were they and why?

And obviously self-help books and religious text wouldn't count here, because those are exactly the sort of books one would expect to change a reader's life.

As I began reading this question my brain listing self help books right from the start. I took a day or so to think of any books that might have changed my life and came up short. I remember the little children story books that I enjoyed as a child about the little French orphan Madeline, and wishing I was her, but that didn't change my life. I remember reading Catcher In The Rye and feeling completely in sync with Holden, and that my life sucked just a little less than his. But still I wouldn't say they changed my life in any way other than making me want to read more. Then as a teenager I scared myself stupid reading Pet Cemetery and didn't sleep for a week even when we put the book in the freezer for protection. My first book I started writing when I was 19 was almost biographical and even though it didn't change my life, it was a very big part of it. I would say there aren't any books that changed my life, that I know of, and if there were any, they would be some sort of spiritual text. Great question by the way, I love the ones that make me think. Idea

_________________
Easy reading is damn hard writing! I love you

Write Up!
Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scribbles.forumotions.net
JuJu


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 287
Age : 45
Location : Sedona, Arizona
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 8th 2009, 7:17 pm

8 ) If you could meet one famous person( actor, actress, writer,musician,Etc) who would it be? Why?

_________________
But words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think. (Lord Byron)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kellycakes


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Age : 40
Location : State of Thankfulness!
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 9th 2009, 4:54 pm

JuJu wrote:
8 ) If you could meet one famous person( actor, actress, writer,musician,Etc) who would it be? Why?

Hard question Sis! There are so many I would like to meet, but most are only because they are hot! But honestly, and this is after careful consideration I would choose the Dalai Lama because I want to know why he considers his way of living the truth. It's a tough situation to come up with the truth when there are so many other 'truth's' out there. I think he will be the only one to be able to actually explain and back up his beliefs. I haven't found a person he could do that so far. Very thought provoking question though, thanks!

_________________
Easy reading is damn hard writing! I love you

Write Up!
Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scribbles.forumotions.net
JuJu


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 287
Age : 45
Location : Sedona, Arizona
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 9th 2009, 11:39 pm

You're welcome great answer.....

_________________
But words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think. (Lord Byron)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snacker


avatar

Male
Number of posts : 818
Age : 32
Location : Stuck in Michigan
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 11th 2009, 1:25 am

9. Do you believe in witches? If yes, would you like to be a witch? Having magical power and being able to mix potions, put spells one people etc.? If not, why not?

_________________
Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scribbles.forumotions.net
HYdraMStar


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Age : 38
Location : Charlotte, NC
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 11th 2009, 5:20 am

10. What is your very first memory?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hydramstar.blogspot.com
Kellycakes


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Age : 40
Location : State of Thankfulness!
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 12th 2009, 4:15 pm

Snacker wrote:
9. Do you believe in witches? If yes, would you like to be a witch? Having magical power and being able to mix potions, put spells one people etc.? If not, why not?

I've done a lot of reading on the beliefs of Wiccan and Paganism. Whether I believe is a entirely different story. I've put together a different belief system that works for me. I don't believe in any particular 'God' or religion but different aspects of a combination of them. Organized religion gives me a headache to be honest and believing in any particular deity hasn't worked for me. My interests in theology started when I was 16 and hasn't faded and has never been labeled as far as I can tell. There are a lot of people who claim to be witches. And because the Wiccan Rede is apart of my following system, one of my nieces calls me a witch. But the rede is only a minor part of this system.

If I truly knew that being a witch would help me accomplish things in my life the way I want to then I probably you like to be a witch. Having magical powers is truly mythical and unreasonable. Mixing potions can be done by anyone, its whether their intentions behind them work. Putting spells on people is against the rede, because your question seems to state a intention of harm. If there were magical things out there such as potions and spells that I hadn't any doubt would work I would like to try it to see the outcome. You never learn until you try right?

_________________
Easy reading is damn hard writing! I love you

Write Up!
Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scribbles.forumotions.net
Kellycakes


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Age : 40
Location : State of Thankfulness!
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 12th 2009, 4:23 pm

HYdraMStar wrote:
10. What is your very first memory?

I've had this dream since I was real little, don't really remember when it started, but I still have it sometimes. But I'm on a gurney, just born I believe because I can't still hear faint moaning and screaming from my mother, and I have no doubt its her voice that I'm hearing. But above me I see a man and a woman, black couple but their faces are pale and their lips are kinda crusty, but they are smiling. The man runs his hand down one of my cheeks and his touch is callous but I don't cry I just stare up at them, the woman I remember smells of cocoa butter and still has a roller in her hair. For some reason I'm not afraid but suspect that they are dead.

A little back story is I was born in a mental hospital, in Eloise Michigan, and believe that the memory is from there. I also believe the man's name is William May for some reason, but I could never research enough to ever find the woman's name. At the end of the dream the man looks at who I assume is his wife and says 'she's the one' and the dream fades. This dream haunted me a lot as a kid, but never in a bad way.


Well that was it, 10 questions and our next victim is:

_________________
Easy reading is damn hard writing! I love you

Write Up!
Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scribbles.forumotions.net
Kellycakes


avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1136
Age : 40
Location : State of Thankfulness!
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   January 12th 2009, 4:26 pm

The next person is in the hotspot is.... URS

_________________
Easy reading is damn hard writing! I love you

Write Up!
Risque' Ramblings
Kelly's Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scribbles.forumotions.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Scribbles Hotspot!   

Back to top Go down
 
Scribbles Hotspot!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Scribbles N' Such
» Caroline's scribbles
» Dueños del paraíso
» Amal at a Yazidi refugee camp in Greece today

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Scribe (The Latest News Forum) :: Scribbles Appendages-
Jump to: