Overused
33%
 33% [ 1 ]
Underused
67%
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3
Monthly Writing Prompt
For this month's writing prompt write a scene using the following sentence to start;

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?

Writing Tip
Our monthly writing tips are written by our very own TerishD. You can read more in Terish's Blog located in "The Abstractions" area of the forum.

Look Back

When not able to write ahead, it helps to look back. In my case I had written a paragraph ahead of the story. What I needed to do was add a section of exposition (talking) presenting some facts. In going back, I realized that I could insert a section where a 'tour' of the surroundings could be done. This allowed for character interaction, story development, and other things that enabled me to present the facts in an entertaining manner.

One should not face a writer's block with the mentality of bursting through it. I have found in my own experience that a writer's block is usually due to my mind indicating that it has a problem in 'channeling' the story. One reason might be a re-imagining of certain story points. Another reason however is that there is a problem in where you are at in the story, so you need to look back and find out the problem with the 'journey' that prevents the tale from advancing.

Latest topics
» Den`s dawn
Today at 5:35 am by oskar

» And the New Advance Begins: TimeSaga D1 (2 of 5)
August 18th 2017, 1:50 pm by TerishD

» day and night
August 17th 2017, 5:13 am by oskar

» the marriage
August 15th 2017, 4:30 am by oskar

» the invisible
August 13th 2017, 5:11 am by oskar

Top posters
oskar (2093)

TerishD (1220)

HYdraMStar (1170)

Kellycakes (1136)

Snacker (818)

Urs (569)

fleamailman (400)

Leaka (334)

JuJu (287)

alexandra (198)

Share | 

Dilemma of Dreams - 13B

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TerishD

Male
Number of posts : 1220
Current Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Dilemma of Dreams - 13B   January 9th 2012, 4:45 pm

An adult speculative Christian post-Armageddon fiction
Dilemma of Dreams
Chapter Thirteen: Part Two

Search for Imminent Doom

Stir-fry did have a very interesting taste. It however did not go that well with my usual choice of wine. Thinking to try another beverage, I looked for the chest that I knew held the drinks. Instead of seeing it, I saw Dimerkess coming over to me. Wondering about what options of those available for stir-fry he felt tasted the best, I stayed seated.

“What did Peralte speak to you about?”

That was not what I thought he would talk about, and probably responded a little rudely because of it. “You did not listen in? Assadra did.”

“Yes, I know, because I sent her, but I see you and not her.”

“Well, all this looking around is probably necessary, but I want to speak to Leotion. We are supposed to be helping him.”

The man had a very authoritative, stern tone as he asked, “Vetacha, what did Peralte speak to you about?”

“About everything he and I planned to do.”

“What? What about the problems here?”

I stood as I asked, “Do I have to explain this to each of you?” I sat down realizing that I had not explained it to Peralte. “Listen, Dimerkess, I would not be here right now if Peralte had fixed my town. That reality collapsing was really the best thing that happened to me. We are not here to fix this reality, but to help Leotion. You heard Jesus. He said that if the same thing that happened to me would happen to Leotion, then he would wish that this reality would fail.”

“I see, but I also know about Peralte. He was really upset about losing you. He would not tell me much, but he said over and over that you would not talk to him. I now see the two of you talking. I am hoping that you and he are developing methods of speaking to Leotion.”

That reply really made sense. I looked to the man realizing that I once worked with him, and even thought good about him. Dimerkess had slightly treated me a little coldly since returning, but I guess my body was a shock to him. Wanting to make sense of our relationship, I decided to confront the man.

“I have been getting the impression that you don’t like me as a girl.”

“Oh, it is more than you being in the body of a girl. Your entire behavior has changed. I know others that have switched genders, but for most it is no different than Assadra in her cat body – nothing really changed at all.”

That comment did interest me, so I interjected, “Really? She previously ran around naked and hit upon any man that came by?”

“Yes. Get her to tell you about her life sometime. I mean, we all had it rough, but she had it rough in a manner slightly different than most I know. I am surprised that she even heard the word of God. Anyway, the first time I met her she was naked, and she hit on me. You probably already know this, but I’m homosexual.”

I was surprised about the confession, but did admit to my knowledge. “Peralte told me. Honestly, I know that I worked with you, but I never made the connection.”

“Don’t get me wrong, I know a good-looking body when I see it, even female, and she had a good one – even without the feline attributes. Still, I wasn’t interested. I also knew that you were not interested in me.” He eyed me strangely, then asked, “Are you now?”

“No. Cannot say that I am into bald men.” I did not want to mention that his hefty frame also turned me off.

“Well, good. I guess. Anyway, I did try to help you before, but you did not talk that much. Just wanted that town. I am told that Leotion was basically the same way.”

“That piece of information just tells me that we cannot do anything without speaking to Leotion.”

Looking at his features, I felt that he was about to challenge my words. He however turned to his food. Before he set his fork to gather up a bite, I saw his lips tense and his head nod.

“Okay, we will head in that direction tomorrow. Assuming the rain does not last.”

“It didn’t in my town, but we will see about this reality.”

He turned to me and said, “Really, Mesapher – Vetacha, you are now a very different person. I not only see somebody completely different, but feel that I am speaking to someone completely different. I however can tell that you are very happy, much happier than when I visited you in that town. I know that you are working with Peralte, but I will also help you in any way I can.”

Just to keep talking to him, and because I did not know how he qualified for his position, I asked, “Do you have a reality, Dimerkess?”

“Sure. I have worked with others to set up a number, and a few I feel very attached to. I helped set up the one that Tersepsus is a god over. He and I were lovers at one time. I actually feel betrayed that he kept you in that convent without ever telling me.”

“Peralte says that God and Jesus told him to stay silent about my situation, and I would assume that they told Tersepsus as well. Anyway, if you want my opinion, I would say that they made the right one.”

He hugged me while telling me that I was correct. I then asked him his opinion of the food. He explained what choices he made, and gave me a suggestion about my next plate. I noticed that he was also not drinking wine, and we discussed beverages. Feeling better about a lot of things, I went to Remaliyne to have her refill my plate.

Finishing my second helping, I felt a desire to work in a journal concerning developing my new Wild West territory. I however felt certain that my text was in my chest, which was probably in the tent Peralte and Assadra were having sex in. I thus went to look about the area where I saw his stuff set out. Remaliyne asked me what I was doing, and I mentioned that Peralte had a book on gold prospecting the other day. She pulled it out of what appeared to be a set of saddlebags thrown over the back of his chair. After thanking the lady, I went to sit down and learn some facts about something I felt my old and new Wild West definitely needed.

I did find the book interesting, but I would not believe that I had been drawn in that deeply if I hadn’t jerked with surprise when I felt a hand on my back and the voice of Peralte say, “That cannot be half as exciting as those books you have back in your room in Heaven.”

I smiled at the man as I calmly said, “They will get read at some point before I start to work.”

“You are only ten, Vetacha. No need to rush at all.”

He saw my eyes move over his form, then watched as I looked to Remaliyne. He did not ask a question, but waited to see what I might say or do. I finally looked back to him as I gave my response.

“You haven’t eaten yet. Go ahead.”

Peralte sat down as he said, “I will be up all night. I can have Remaliyne fix me something later. What do you want to talk about?”

“Do you think that I, and Leotion, created our realities too soon?”

“If I did not believe that there was some deeper, truly troubling, flaw, I might consider it. Honestly, though, I believe that you would have gotten it figured out eventually. Sooner or later you would have gotten bored, and thought to add more to your town. I mean, think if you had spent those twenty-six years in that town instead of in that convent.”

“I had been about twelve years in that town.” I shook my head with the facts troubling me. “I was happy in that town, but I was quite content in that convent. I don’t believe that I would be satisfied with either right now. Dimerkess said that I am now a completely different person, and I am beginning to feel that he is correct. The problem is that I did not change due to my reality collapsing, or due to those years in the convent, but somehow in being picked up by you.”

“I would like to think that I finally managed to get you seeing the path that you should have been following. Listen, stepping into Heaven is a big deal. I know. I told you that I was scared. I really feared that I would find out that I would be spending eternity in the other place. What I believe helped me was that I spent hours, days, I really do not know how long, before God’s throne going over every moment of my life. I did so many wrong things. Some I did because I felt trapped, manipulated, by others, but I will admit that other deeds resulted from greed – or lust, which is greed of a different kind. God however showed me his hand at work in a number of my actions. I finally left truly relieved. I however found myself entering Heaven and wanting all this stuff, which caused me to fear that I was again falling into sin. I thus ran back to God. All that stuff you requested, well, I had my experiences of being loaded with gifts as well. I then started looking about my room in Heaven, and really making plans. I went back to God, and He began showing me all the tricks to creating my own reality. He was the one that told me about summoning the doomed and altering them to my satisfaction, believe it or not. I still talk to God about a lot of stuff. It gets really deep at times, but I enjoy the conversations. Anyway, I believe what worked that day that I took you from the convent was that we had that conversation out in the street. You talked to me, then continued to talk to me. Heaven, and all these realities, are not to be places of isolation. We are part of one grand family, Vetacha. I believe that you made the change when you truly opened yourself up to be a part of that.”

The words did connect with me. I wanted to tell Peralte that, but I first tested his words against my own thoughts. I however quickly spoke, because as soon as I considered my own past I felt that the words were true.

“I entered Heaven so weary. The load was lifted, but the desire to simply rest was overwhelming. I don’t know, but I probably slept a long time. I remember angels coming into my room and getting me prepared for the grand banquet. It was there that I met Dimerkess, and we spoke of the Wild West. He told me that I could create my own town. Even then I was not that anxious about it, but I did get a little tired of simply sleeping. I thus went to Dimerkess, and slowly I worked on building my reality. About all that there is to it. You know the rest.”

He kissed me, and I returned the act of affection. He then worked our fingers back into the twisted configuration. I knew what he meant, and appreciated it, although I thought I had passed beyond that mentality. He spoke to basically say the same.

“I told you that relationships are built in levels. I believe that we just laid one more.”

"To Hell with levels, I have about three years before we lay down a certain one.”

“That is Mesapher talking. Hush the guy up. Darling, you stay Vetacha, and allow yourself to keep developing along the path you are now on. I assure you that it won’t be you suffering each day that it takes for you to mature, but me. I see one lovely person in you, and I want that person very badly.”

View user profile http://www.terishd.com

Dilemma of Dreams - 13B
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1